Blackmagic just had their production & camera update announcement on April 3, 2020, & it’s fantastic. The Blackmagic ATEM Mini PRO is a low cost, multi-camera, live production video capture device with very advanced broadcast features.
Producing live content is the fastest way to complete any finished programs. Also, users stream their content to their audiences in any corner of the planet. The days of theatrical 1950s studio production are long gone, Joe Rogan is the new Johnny Carson & video blogging streaming is the new gold standard. What once required the space of a TV set now fits comfortably right next to a laptop.
ATEM Mini Pro Details
The ATEM Mini Pro connects to any computer device and resembling a built-in webcam, and it works with all social media platforms. Harnessing the dominant studio mode of other Blackmagic products, this ATEM Mini Pro will become an instant hit. The COVID–19 plague unleashed upon the earth has everyone scrambling to live stream instead of face-to-face meetings, so this device comes in handy.
The ATEM Mini Pro is capable of recording live programs directly into a USB drive for edit or direct upload to different platforms. With the H.264 codec, high quality & data rate is specific for the contents that many producers will be happy to upload for their audience to consume in their devices wherever they have an internet connection. The live switcher software comes with camera control for Pocket Cinema Cameras with exposure, gamma, lift LUT, colour control & gain.
ATEM Mini Pro Price
For those in the editing room who run into such issues, the capability of sending Timecode to each of the four cameras for fast Multi-camera editing for postproduction is there. The price tag for this novel device ranks at 595$USD, its update April 3, 2020, makes it readily available.
The ATEM Mini Pro’s engine allows it to stream directly via ethernet connection to the mainstream platforms in the market –YouTube Live, Facebook Live, Skype, Twitch & Zoom–. So whether it’s a high-level corporate meeting –now confined to the rigours of home due to quarantine–, a TV show, educational videos, a podcast or some intense gaming streaming. The ATEM Mini Pro will deliver all the needs a demanding live stream can require in a compact, all-in-one design.
Blackmagic Design claims that this gadget is easy to use & fast to learn, the panel features a series of buttons that perform the desired actions –labelled 1 to 4–, and allows the user to choose between the video sources available. The software enables professional transitions –dissolves, or dips to colour & fade to black.
Buyers should not worry about hooking up their ATEM Mini Pro to their computer. In essence, a handy USB connection does the trick–, as for microphones, and two independent 3.5mm stereo audio jacks allow the connection of lapel & desktop audio input.
Summarizing the ATEM Mini Pro Features:
- Direct Recording – x USB-C 3.1 Gen 1 expansion port for external media to direct record a .mp4 H.264 with AAC audio at the ATEM video standard.
- Pocket camera control
- New recording format for easy editing and playback
- Colour controls for each camera
- New software
- Multi-view on the video output
- Live streaming via Ethernet supported on ATEM Mini Pro.
- Two stereo audio inputs for connecting desktop or lapel microphones.
- Automatically standards converts and re-syncs all HDMI inputs.
- Includes free ATEM Software Control for Mac and Windows.
- Internal media for 20 RGBA graphics for titles, opening plates and logos.
- Includes ATEM Advanced Chroma Key for green/blue screen work.
- Multiview allows monitoring of all cameras on ATEM Mini Pro.
- Audio mixer supports limiter, compressor, 6 bands EQ and more!
- Supports remote HDMI control with Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Cameras.
ATEM Mini Pro update
ATEM Mini Pro update was 08th April 2020. Packing so much power and offers near infinite opportunities in solving any live production needs, the ATEM Mini Pro will be the best friend of producers everywhere. And this wraps up our glance at this great gadget, so please keep coming back to our website where we will share with you all the best information regarding this & other niches