The upcoming drama miniseries, The Third Day is only a day away and, fans can’t wait to see what the creators have in store for them. Numerous updates and juicy teasers have surfaced up that hints towards phenomenal ‘mystery’ series, and considering all the recent details spilled by the actors, it seems that the early speculations were true after all.
We have gathered all the details and information regarding the show, so here is everything you need to know about The Third Day.
The Third Day Plot and Trailer
The new miniseries will follow the individual stories of a man and a woman who happen to arrive on an island, the ins and outs of which wasn’ known earlier, and the show takes a unique approach of telling the story to the audiences. According to the official notes, the story has been divided into three segments that are interconnected, and if reports are to be believed, it will keep you glued to your screens throughout the entire length. The previous statement has been bolstered by Naomie Harris, who revealed in a recent interview that fans would ‘scream at their screens while watching it.’
- The first segment is called ‘Summer,’ and this will chronicle the story of a man drawn towards the mysterious island, the inhabitants of which will do anything to preserve their traditions.
- The second is called ‘Autumn,’ and it will follow after the ‘Summer’ part, and according to reports, ‘Autumn’ will be told during a one-off live event happening in London.
- The third part is ‘Winter,’ and this focuses on Naomie Harris, who will play as Helen, a ‘strong-willed’ woman drawn towards the mysterious island to find answers to her questions, however, her life completely changes when she gets tangled between the ‘splintered forces’ on the island.
In an interview with Digital Spy, Naomie revealed that the drama would be full of ‘twists and turns,’ and things will get extremely ugly as the events on the island will be ‘quite violent,’ and ‘pretty bloody.’ ‘Violent’ in the sense that the islanders being extremely unwelcoming, will do anything to preserve their traditions by keeping the outsiders off and this is what that makes this a great drama, expressed Harris.
You can watch the trailer below to get an idea of the show.
The Third Day: update, Cast, and Episodes
The cast of The Third Day includes Jude Law (Sam), Katherine Waterston (Jess), Paddy Considine (Mr. Martin), Emily Watson (Mrs. Martin), Naomie Harris (Helen), John Dagleish (Larry) Nico Parker (Ellie), Freya Allan (Kali).
The Third Day consists of 6 episodes and one ‘special episode. The episodes are as follows:
- The Third Day Episode 1: Friday – The Father
- The Third Day Episode 2: Saturday – The Son
- The Third Day Episode 3: Sunday – The Ghost
- The Third Day Special: Autumn
- The Third Day Episode 4: Monday – The Mother
- The Third Day Episode 5: Tuesday – The Daughter
- The Third Day Episode 6: Last Day – The Dark
The Third Day will be released on 14th September 2020 on HBO in the US, and on 15th September 2020 on Sky Atlantic in the UK.