RRD (Red Dead Redemption 2) has finally been released for PC, and things aren’t looking too good for it. There are a lot of issues reported to the player like severe crashing problems that, in some cases, caused the launcher to fail to open. Because of this, Rockstar has released an update that fixes a handful of issues related to crashes and other problems. The update came in on 5th November, which addressed the issue regarding the Rockstar Games Launcher and Red Dead Redemption 2 itself.
There were crashing problems with Red Dead Redemption 2 on the Epic Games Store, too, and these have also been fixed as well. Well, these issues have been fixed, but there are more which are related to audio and FPS drops, which were posted on Reddit. Hopefully, Rockstar will be addressing them soon. Down below, you can see the entire patch notes of the update that came recently, and you can also check them on the official Rockstar website too.
Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Patch Notes [November 5]
• Fixed an issue that resulted in the Rockstar Games Launcher returning the error “The Rockstar Games Launcher failed to initialize” on startup
• Fixed an issue that resulted in the Rockstar Games Launcher preload decryption getting stuck and not completing
• Fixed an issue that resulted in the Rockstar Games Launcher returning the error “The Rockstar Games Launcher exited unexpectedly” when launching Red Dead Redemption 2
• Fixed an issue that resulted in crashes when starting the Rockstar Games Launcher from the Epic Games Launcher
• Fixed an issue that resulted in the Rockstar Games Launcher returning the error “Unable to launch the game, please verify your game data” when launching Red Dead Redemption 2 from the Epic Games Launcher