Raya and the Last Dragon is an all-new film from Walt Disney Animation Studio, this will be the 59th movie that we’ll be getting from Walt Disney Animation Studio. The genre if this new animated movie is animation and fantasy. In this post, I’ll be talking about Raya and the Last Dragon update and all other details about this upcoming Walt Disney Animation Studio movie.
Also, spoilers of Raya and the Last Dragon movie are a part of this post, this is a quick spoiler warning for all of you who don’t like spoiler content. Without delaying the post any more let us begin discussing the topic.
The movie is all about a character named Raya. Raya is from a mysterious place caller Kumandra and Raya is no ordinary character but a warrior. Raya’s sole goal in the movie is to search for a dragon and interestingly this dragon that Raya is looking for is the last one supposedly remaining in the world. The movie will showcase a beautiful setting and an interesting storyline.
When is Raya and the Last Dragon update?
Raya and the Last Dragon update is 12 March 2021. This is an official update announced by the production. But wait a minute, some fans of Walt Disney Animation Studio would have been expecting the movie to come out in 2020 only.
Well, all that has changed. It is true that initially it was announced that Walt Disney Animation Studio will be releasing Raya and the Last Dragon on 25 November 2020 but due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic situation it has been decided by Walt Disney Animation Studio to delay the release to the said date above next year. As we know Coronavirus pandemic is having a major hit on the situation worldwide and especially on the United States of America where people are dying like flies and still they are not ready to stay at home.
They would rather die in damn streets than stay at home which seems madness. Nonetheless, as of now, the delay is till March 2021, interesting thing to note here is no one knows when the Coronavirus pandemic will come to an end and how many more will die except the Almighty Allah, so if the virus doesn’t halt soon the movie could well be further delayed. Let us hope for the sake of the fans of Walt Disney Animation Studio that doesn’t happen and the movie is released on 12 March 2021 only.
Raya and the Last Dragon Trailer
Raya and the Last Dragon Production Details
Raya and the Last Dragon is produced by Osnat Shurer and directed by the duo Paul Briggs and Dean Wellins. The screenplay of Raya and the Last Dragon is being handled by Adele Lim. Production companies of the movie are Walt Disney Animation Studio and Walt Disney Pictures. Distribution of the movie is handled by Walt Disney Studios and Motion Pictures.
The movie is from the United States of America as you already know. The casting of the movie is done by Jamie Sparer Roberts. The production designer is Helen Mingjue Chen. David Fluhr and Gabriel Guy are the ones involved in the sound department and Edie Lehmann Boddicker is the vocal contractor. Just two cast members are confirmed for now Awkwafina had given her voice to Sisu character and Cassie Steele will give her voice to the protagonist character Raya.
Theteam of production management of Raya and the Last Dragon includes:
- Julie Baner – production supervisor: character assets, lighting
- Danielle Beverson – production supervisor: layout
- Brandon Holmes – production supervisor: animation
- Derek Manzella – production supervisor
- Scott Sakamoto – production supervisor: story, community relations
- James Romo – production supervisor: editorial
The team of art involved in the movie are:
- Neysa Bove – visual development artist
- Camille Andre – set designer
- Mehrdad Isvandi – Visual Development
- Meg Park – visual development artist
- April Liu – visual development artist
- Ami Thompson – art director of characters
- James Woods – Character Designer
Visual Effects are the backbone of animated movies and the members of the visual effects team of this movie are:
- Gregory Culp – lighting supervisor
- Nicholas Burkard – general technical director
- Ryan DeYoung – Lighting Supervisor
- Joshua Fry – look, development artist
- Tamara Alejandra Faralla – final layout artist
- Christopher Hendryx – effects supervisor
- Benjamin Min Huang – environment look, development supervisor
- Gabriela Hernandez – associate technical supervisor
- Kelsey Hurley – technical supervisor
- Alberto Luceño – crowds supervisor
- Kate Kirby-O’Connell – technical animation supervisor
- Kyle Odermatt – visual effects supervisor
Alberto Luceño – crowds supervisor
- Kyle Odermatt – visual effects supervisor
- Marie Tollec – effects animator
- Shweta Viswanathan – associate technical supervisor
- Rebecca Vallera-Thompson – technical supervisor
So, these are the main crew members that have been signed up by Walt Disney Animation Studio for the movie. Let us see will the movie release on the said date now or will it be further delayed.