The 2018’s action-adventure game Sea of Thieves will soon be sailing for Steam and fans are extremely excited to get their hands on the copy finally after two whole years. A lot of new details and speculations are circulating of the internet, and to save you the trouble, we have gathered all the recent updates and information regarding the game, so here is everything you need to know about the Sea of Thieves on Steam.
As you might know, the game has evolved a lot after its original release, and it has become of the most popular games, so its only natural that the hype is pretty high. During its official release, it was announced that Sea of Thieves would be a Microsoft Store exclusive, however, that won’t be the case anymore as it will finally get its release on Steam, and with each passing day, fans are losing their patience.
What is Sea of Thieves all about?
As we said, the game made a lot of changes in all those two years, because of the initial mixed reactions it got during its release. Sea of Thieves received mixed reactions from the fans and the critics, who were in favor of the overall idea, and they felt that the game has immense potential, however, they criticized the amount of content and were disappointed on Rare’s decision to push it in the market for a full price.
The game was developed by the UK based studio, Rare, and almost all of its employees were involved in its development. The Sea of Thieves is a multiplayer game where players will play as a pirate with the sole aim to become the ‘ultimate pirate legend’ by completing voyages from different trading companies in co-ordination with different players, as it becomes a necessary element when you want to set sail in the dangerous open seas.
The gameplay featured a first-person mode, the adventures take place in a ‘share world,’ which means that a group of players will encounter often during their voyage.
What are the Features and Major Expansions of Sea of Thieves?
The features of the Sea of Thieves include:
- A Vast Open World filled with mysterious places that have never been explored before is waiting for your arrival. Explore and take on quests to locate riches, valuables, and other mind-blowing secrets.
- Unforgettable stories: A story-driven campaign featuring 11 tales across two epic storylines.
- Enter the Arena
- Adventure Awaits
- Become a Pirate Legend: Complete Voyages, gather loots, build a reputation, and a lot more to become the ultimate pirate legend.
- A Game That’s Always Growing: With numerous major expansions, the game is constantly evolving, and the developers are looking forward to releasing more content in the future.
The expansions released for Sea of Thieves so far are as follows:
- The Hungering Deep on 20th May 2018
- Cursed Sails on 31st July 2018
- Forsaken Shores on 27th September 2018
- Shrouded Spoils on 28th November 2018
- Anniversary on 30th April 2019
- Black Powder Staches on 17th July 2019
- Dark Relics on 15th August 2019
- Smuggler’s Fortune on 11th September 2019
- Fort of the Damned on 16th October 2019
- The Seabound Soul on 20th November 2019
- Festival of Giving on 11th December 2019
- Legends of the Sea on 15th January 2020
- Crews of Rage on 19th February 2020
- Heart of Fire on 11th March 2020
- Ships of Fortune on 22nd April 2020
When is Sea of Thieves update?
According to the latest rumors, Sea of Thieves will be released on Steam sometime in the second half of 2020. The official update is yet to be revealed, however, we will keep you updated once the official announcement is made.