The American urban fantasy TV series Lucifer will be returning with its fifth season soon, and fans of the show are extremely excited to see what will happen in the upcoming fifth season. A lot of new details and important speculations are circulating on the internet, and we have gathered all the recent updates and information regarding the show, so here is everything you need to know about the upcoming Lucifer Season 5 and its episode details.
Will Lucifer Get a Season 6 on Netflix?
According to the latest rumors, the upcoming fifth season will be very interesting, and the storyline will have a different twist that will keep the fans on the edge of their seat throughout. Developed by Tom Kapinos, the show was originally released on Fox back in January 2016, and ever since that, it has managed to be one of the most successful shows in the last decade, and fans will be glad to know that the show might get a season 6 as well.
The speculation came right after Tom Ellis finalized his deal to reprise his role as Lucifer. During an interview, he noted that he has been on press tours to many countries, and the popularity of the show has far exceeded the amount it had during its run on Fox. The show was canceled by Fox, however, because of fans’ demand Netflix came into the scene to rescue the series from drowning, and despite announcing season 5 as the finale, fans still have hopes that the show will eventually get renewed for season 6.
However, until the official word comes, we suggest you take all the rumors and speculations with a big pinch of salt to avoid future disappointment.
Season 4 received pretty high ratings however, the overall average remained low, but that didn’t stop it from getting a season 5 renewal, and it will be interesting to see what the creators have in store for us.
What is the Plot of Lucifer Season 5? Is there any Trailer for Lucifer Season 5?
The upcoming season 5 is expected to pick up the story from season 4’s finale, and Henderson revealed that they have thought of numerous exciting ways to make season 5, and according to them, season 5 will be very awesome. He also revealed that the show would kick things off with a bang as the very first scene has become his favorite, and the show will take on a different direction from season 5 onwards. He added further that after introspecting, Lucifer has come to know about his true personality, and in Season 5. he will have to face a lot of new responsibilities that will hit him pretty hard.
Lucifer Season 5 Episode 1 titled ‘Really Sad Devil Guy,’ hints the very same thing that Lucifer will feel very overwhelmed with the changes happening around but, then again, it could hit to a different character as well. Production of season 5 went just how they planned, however, due to the rise in health safety concerns amidst the Covid-19 pandemic, the production was halted but Lesley-Ann Brandt assured fans that season 5’s production is 99% complete, so expect a speedy completion once the studio reopens.
Netflix will release a trailer for Lucifer Season 5 soon after the completion of the production, so you can expect the official trailer in late 2020.
How many episodes will Lucifer Season 5 have?
Lucifer Season 5 will feature a total of 16 new episodes, which are as follows:
- Lucifer Season 5 Episode 1: ‘Really Sad Devil Guy’ – TBD 2020
- Lucifer Season 5 Episode 2: ‘Lucifer! Lucifer! Lucifer!’ – TBD 2020
- Lucifer Season 5 Episode 3: ‘¡Diablo!’ – TBD 2020
- Lucifer Season 5 Episode 4: ‘It Never Ends Well for the Chicken’ – TBD 2020
- Lucifer Season 5 Episode 5: ‘Detective Amenadiel’ – TBD 2020
- Lucifer Season 5 Episode 6: ‘BluBallz’ – TBD 2020
- Lucifer Season 5 Episode 7: ‘Our Mojo’ – TBD 2020
- Lucifer Season 5 Episode 8: ‘Spoiler Alert’ – TBD 2020
- Lucifer Season 5 Episode 9: ‘Family Dinner’ – TBD 2020
- Lucifer Season 5 Episode 10: ‘Bloody Celestial Karaoke Jam’ – TBD 2020
- Lucifer Season 5 Episode 11: ‘Resting Devil Face’ – TBD 2020
- Lucifer Season 5 Episode 12: ‘Daniel Espinoza: Naked and Afraid’ – TBD 2020
- Lucifer Season 5 Episode 13: ‘A Little Harmless Stalking’ – TBD 2020
- Lucifer Season 5 Episode 14: ‘Nothing Lasts Forever’ – TBD 2020
- Lucifer Season 5 Episode 15: ‘Is This Really How It’s Going To End?!’ – TBD 2020
- Lucifer Season 5 Episode 16: ‘A Chance at a Happy Ending’ – TBD 2020
We will update this schedule as we have more information on it!
Who is in the Cast of Lucifer Season 5?
The cast for Lucifer Season 5 includes:
- Tom Ellis as Lucifer Morningstar
- Lauren German as Chloe Decker
- Kevin Alejandro as Dan Espinoza
- Lesley-Ann Brandt as Mazikeen
- Scarlett Estevez as Trixie Espinoza
- Rachael Harris as Linda Martin
- D.B. Woodside as Amenadiel
- Aimee Garcia as Ella Lopez
- Inbar Lavi as Eve
- Tricia Helfer as Charlotte Richards
Along with them, Dennis Haysbert has been included onboard as the newest member. The veteran actor will be playing the character of ‘God,’ Lucifer and his angelic siblings’ unseen father.
Dennis Haysbert will be reuniting with his former partner D.B. Woodside, and he is extremely excited about that. In an interview, he said that he has a special place for D.B. Woodside since they worked on a show, which according to Dennis, is one of the best TV shows ever produced. He added that they have a kind of ‘camaraderie’ and he is excited to have the transition from D.B. Woodside’s brother to his father.
When is Lucifer Season 5 Episode 1 update? Where to Stream Lucifer Season 5?
Lucifer Season 5 will be released in two parts. The first part of season 5 is expected to release sometime near the fall of 2020 or in the first half of 2021, while the second part will release after the mid-season break. The official update is yet to be revealed, however, we will keep you posted as soon as the official announcement is made.
The show will return to Netflix, and to watch it live, you need to have an active subscription on the streaming platform.