Hitler’s Last Stand shows the struggles faced by Nazis. After D-Day, Nazi soldiers struggle savagely to prevent Allied troops from liberating occupied Europe. In the days and weeks after June 6, 1944, Allied troops rush into France via the Normandy beaches.
After the surprise of the D-Day landings and the early gains, Nazi troops dig in to maintain an unyielding hold on occupied Europe’s naval bases, citadels, and fortifications, intending to drive the Allies back into the North Atlantic and regain German dominance. To break the Nazi grasp and free the rest of Europe, it will take eleven months of hard warfare and difficult battles. D-Day was only a fight; the Allies must still win the war.
Released in 2018, portrays the life of General Custer in 4 Episodes.
- Episode 1– Documentary series focusing on the final days of WWII, beginning with the Allied attack on the Nazi-held port of Brest employing flame-throwing tanks.
- Episode 2- In the days leading up to the Battle of the Bulge, US forces were dispatched on a mission to take a critical observation position on the German border.
- Episode 3- A Canadian regiment attacks a Panzer battalion suspected of heinous war crimes. Meanwhile, German forces hold to Caen, a crucial center.
- Episode 4- Following Hitler’s demise, a joint group of American and surrendered German soldiers must safeguard French POWs from SS forces.
Hitler’s Last Stand Season 2
Released in 2019 with a total of 6 episodes.
- Episode 1- An American unit liberates a French port, but the surrounding territory is quickly retaken by Nazi forces, and they are trapped.
- Episode 2- An amphibious assault on the final Nazi bastion protecting Antwerp’s port, while Canadian forces launched a diversionary attack on a highly fortified causeway.
- Episode 3- The accounts of Allied soldiers caught behind German lines while attempting to construct bridgeheads during Operation Market Garden.
- Episode 4- A surprise German onslaught against American forces in the Ardennes Forest, relying on speed to deploy tanks before the Allies could respond.
- Episode 5- A renowned combat warrior agrees to take on a risky role as America’s 7th Infantry Regiment launches a daring attempt to drive Nazi forces back over the Rhine.
- Episode 6- An examination of the German invasion, focusing on the competition between Allied generals and Hitler’s unwillingness to relinquish even a single bridge over the Rhine.
Hitler’s Last Stand Season 3
Released in 2021 with 6 episodes in total.
- Episode 1- The story of US paratroopers who were deployed into France before to the D-Day landings to fight Nazi defenders over a critical bridge behind enemy lines.
- Episode 2- A tiny Canadian tank squadron attempts to seal off the escape path for thousands of German soldiers besieged in the Falaise Pocket.
- Episode 3- The ground conflict finally comes on German land five months after D-Day, with British forces attacking in the shadow of Hitler’s notorious Siegfried Line.
- Episode 4- During the early days of the Combat of the Bulge, a US Parachute Infantry Regiment defends a crucial bridge from a Nazi battle group.
- Episode 5- A unit of American soldiers outperforms all expectations by storming a Nazi-occupied fortress in Northern Italy’s foothills.
- Episode 6- Blinded in one eye during the Battle of Normandy, a courageous French-Canadian sharpshooter sets out in the dying days of the war to liberate a Dutch city.
The idea is really good: take an exciting battalion-level small unit action from a broader fight, which in both cases turns out to be an assault on a fortified position, and tell the tale. The cases are also carefully selected. The historical combat authenticity and recreation were excellent. For almost 40 years, I’ve been watching war movies. My issues have always been with equipment, trucks, artillery, and so forth. It’s difficult to locate WWII tanks, trucks, and other vehicles that seem modern, and many Hollywood films must rely on 70-year-old materials.
We all know that by the 1940s, everything in action was fresh new, yet 70-year-old items looked 70-year-old on film. Not in this case. The outfits and equipment were brand new, as they should have been. Hitler was a cretin, and we must continue to educate each new generation so that it never happens again. Having said that, even if it did not become Schindler’s List, it should have shown the loss of innocent life caused by the Nazi Final Solution; the genocide of all Jewish people.
Hitler’s Last Stand Season 4 Episode 1 Release Date
Season 4 of Hitler’s Last Stand is set to premiere on September 2022 on National Geographic Channel and is going to have 6 episodes in total.
Some speculations have been made for the upcoming episodes of Season 4. In June 1944, paratroopers from the 101st Airborne Division rush to take Carentan, France and establish a link between American troops on Omaha and Utah beaches. However, Nazi paratroopers arrived earlier and surrounded them outside of the city. When their leader runs out of choices, he orders a daring bayonet attack to breach the Nazi fortifications.
In the rugged, booby-trapped woodlands of the Vosges mountains in October 1944, a regiment of segregated Japanese American troops struggles to rescue a besieged US company. With the Nazis pressing in and supplies running low, the Nisei troops go to great lengths to reach their comrades. It will take more than fifty years for their bravery to be recognized properly.
In October 1944, A freshly created tank hunting platoon of the Canadian Seaforth Highlanders finds a Kampfgruppe of German Panther tanks and self-propelled artillery after crossing the flooded Savio River in Italy at night. The Seaforths, cut off from their own armor by the rising river, must engage the battle group with just the weapons they can carry.
Where to stream Hitler’s Last Season 4
Hitler’s Last Season 4 can be streamed on National Geographic Channel on Saturday 1st of September, 2022. It’s also available on some OTT platforms like Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+. You can watch it here by subscribing to the above-mentioned platforms.