Directed by Nia DaCosta, written by Jordan Peele, operated in coordination with Win Rosenfeld, and DaCosta Candyman(2020 film) is an American supernatural horror film that is set to be releasee soon. It is a sequel of 1992 movie with the same name and 4th film of this franchise.
The movie is based on a short story of ‘The Forbidden’ which was written by Clive Barker, After the release of its trailer the film has created a huge buzz among the fans, there have been other interesting information surfacing about the film that how it will showcase back characters for the movie and in what direction the story is going to propagate.
What are the recent updates about Candyman 2020:
The Candyman is arguably one of the most anticipated horror films of 2020, and with the release of its trailer, it has shown some connection with the original 1992 movie.
In the trailer, we can see the connection between Candyman and the eponymous villain is obvious, though it shades how Candyman might return.
But the strongest link between these two lies with the Character than Anthony Mccoy is playing; Mccoy will be seen portraying a character of a desperate artist who initially uses Candyman as an inspiration for his paintings, but later on, he began to lose his sanity and trigger some wave of violence.
Nathan Stewert-Jerrett is joining the main cast as well, but although there has not been any disclosure of the character he is playing like the original movie, it seems to be a “spiritual sequel,” as Peele explained that it would undertake the subjects of race and class. And it will also address the connection between Anthony Mccoy and Candyman, as there has been a lot of rumors about the character of Anthony Mccoy that he might turn out to be descendent of Candyman.
The Cast of Candyman 2020:
- Yahya Abdul-Mateen II will play the character of Anthony Mccoy, an artist who has lived a month in the Candyman company 28 years ago.
- Teyonah Parris as Brianna Cartwright
- Hannah Love Jones as Young Brianna
- Nathan Stewart-Jarrett as Troy Cartwright
- Colman Domingo as William Burke
- Vanessa Estelle Williams as Anne-Marie Mccoy who believe in the myth of Candyman
- Tony Todd, as Daniel Robitaille, the legend Candyman, a vengeful spirit who kills anyone who pronounces his name more than 5 times while standing in front of a mirror and denying his existence.
- Rebecca Spence as Finely Stephens
- Christiana Clark as Danielle Harrington
- Cassie Kramer as Helen Lyle the reincarnation of the Candyman’s lover Caroline Sullivan, who was able to defeat Candyman in the past but became vengeful herself and she can be summoned in the same way as Candyman as anyone pronounce her name 5 times by standing in front of the mirror and denying her existence.
- Brian King as Clive Privler
- Kyle Kaminsky as Grady Smith
- Carl Clemons-Hopkins as Jameson
- Cedric Mays as Gil Cartwright
- Nancy Pender as TV News Anchor
- Pam Jones as Devlin Sharpe
- Breanna Lind as Annika
update of Candyman 2020:
The Candyman 2020 is will be released on 12th June 2020 by Universal Motion pictures. That’s all for now however if we get any further information and updates regarding Candyman we will post the updated information on our site.