The celebs set to be tested by Ant Middleton have just been announced. Chief instructor Ant Middleton this time will put 12 celebrities to test this time around and so the list has just come out. This effort is made in aid of ‘Stand Up To Cancer’. As always according to the pattern, celebrities will be involved in an intensive seven-day long course to determine their potential. This intensive course will determine their capability to participate in this upcoming unique version of SAS Selection. Victoria Pendleton, Camilla Thurlow and Jeremy Irvine are amongst the list of celebrities named for SAS Who Dares Wins. Let’s go through the list one by one.
1. Victoria Pendleton: she is known from her fame as a Strictly Come Dancing star. Victoria has twice been an Olympic-gold-medal-winning cyclist. For the first time, she picked up a medal in Beijing in 2008 and then in London in 2012.
2. Camilla Thurlow: she is a Love Island star, also famous for pairing up with Jamie Jewitt in the ITV2 villa. Camilla possesses experience of travelling to wartorn countries and conflict zones to safely detonate bombs.
3. Wayne Bridge: he is a retired footballer who played at left-back for Southampton, Chelsea and Manchester City. He was also selected for two World Cup squads.
4. Jeremy Irvine: he is an actor from the War Horse film in which he played the lead, Albert Narracott. Other movies that he starred in include, The Great Expectations, The Bad Education Movie and in Mamma Mia!
5. Aj Odudu: she is best known for co-hosting Big Brother’s Bit on the Side in 2013. She co-hosted alongside Emma Willis and Rylan Clark. As of now, she hosts 4Music show Trending Live!
6. Jeff Brazier: he is known for the original version of Channel 4’s Shipwrecked in 2001. Brazier also appeared in Celebrity Wife Swap. Since then, he has tried TV presenting, co-hosted shows such as I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! Now and Sunday Scoop. In 2011, he participated on Dancing on Ice, finishing fifth.
7. Heather Fisher: She is a rugby union and rugby sevens player. She has represented England in two Women’s Rugby World Cups. She’s also participated in the Olympics and missed out narrowly on Bronze.
8. Ben Foden: also from rugby hall of fame. Ben is a rugby union star. He’s played as a fullback/ scrum-half for Northampton Saints. Ben has signed for team Rugby United New York in 2019.
9. Louise Mensch: she uses her maiden name Louise Bagshawe. Mensch has been in the past, a hugely successful ‘chick-lit’ novelist. But she’s best known for her brief stint as a Conservative MP and her outspoken views against phone-hacking. She was elected to Parliament in 2010 and she resigned in 2012.
10. Andrea Mclean: she is a Scottish TV host, you may know her from fronting ITV’s Loose Women. McLean at the beginning of her career was a weather presenter on GMTV. She then hosted daytime shows such as Our House and LK Today.
11. Dev Griffin: he is the presenter of Radio 1’s its afternoon weekend shows since 2009. He is the replacement for both Scott Mills and Greg James when the two presenters are away.
12. Sam Thompson: he has featured in shows such as ‘Celebs Go Dating’ and ‘Celebrity Big Brother’.
SAS is scheduled to air in later part of 2019 on C4.